The National Federation of the Blind National Convention is the largest gathering of blind people in the world.
It is the premier event for training, support, and information for the blind community. It also serves as a governing body, democratically electing our leadership and establishing each year's organizational priorities.
Although the convention is open to all, our constitution states that only members of the NFB have the right to participate in decision making when it comes to organizational policy. If you are not already a member, you can join the NFB today.
Sunday, July 7 through Friday, July 12, 2019
Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino
3950 South Las Vegas Boulevard
Las Vegas, NV 89119
For the first time in seven years, the convention will be held west of the Mississippi at Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino. Listen to Everybody Loves Raymond star Brad Garrett announce the new location to our members.
Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino is situated at the beginning of the world-famous Las Vegas strip, so it is the perfect location for enjoying as much or as little of the strip as you want. Mandalay Bay has more than two dozen restaurants in addition to various activities for people of all ages to enjoy. Among its features is an aquatic playground called Mandalay Bay Beach which has real sand, a wave pool, and rentable cabanas. The hotel is also home to an aquarium with more than 2,000 animals including sharks, green sea turtles, and a Komodo dragon. Entertainment options include Michael Jackson ONE by Cirque du Soleil.
Room reservations at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino can be made starting January 1, 2019.
Please call the hotel at 877-632-9001 to book your room. The hotel will take a deposit of the first night’s room rate for each room and will require a credit card or a personal check. If you use a credit card, the deposit will be charged against your card immediately. If a reservation is cancelled before Saturday, June 1, 2019, half of the deposit will be returned. Otherwise, refunds will not be made.
For NFB convention attendees, the nightly rate for singles, doubles, triples, and quads is $99. Hotel taxes are 13.38 percent and sales tax is 8.25 percent. The resort fee, normally $37 a night, is waived for NFB convention attendees. However, fees for internet access, local and toll-free calls, and fitness center access might apply.
Online preregistration for the 2019 National Convention is now closed.
Registration will be available on site in Las Vegas. The registration fee is $30 on site and the cost of a banquet ticket is $75 on site.
The agenda for the 2019 National Convention is available in several formats:
- 2019 National Convention Agenda (HTML)
- 2019 National Convention Agenda: Introduction (HTML)
- 2019 National Convention Agenda: Sunday (HTML)
- 2019 National Convention Agenda: Monday (HTML)
- 2019 National Convention Agenda: Tuesday (HTML)
- 2019 National Convention Agenda: Wednesday (HTML)
- 2019 National Convention Agenda: Thursday (HTML)
- 2019 National Convention Agenda: Friday (HTML)
- 2019 National Convention Agenda: Notes (HTML)
- 2019 National Convention Agenda: Navigating the Hotel (HTML)
- 2019 National Convention Agenda: Sponsors (HTML)
- 2019 National Convention Agenda (PDF)
- 2019 National Convention Agenda (Word)
- 2019 National Convention Agenda - Spanish (Word)
- 2019 National Convention Agenda (BRF)
- 2019 National Convention Agenda (MP3)
- 2019 National Convention Agenda: Introduction (MP3)
- 2019 National Convention Agenda: Sunday (MP3)
- 2019 National Convention Agenda: Monday (MP3)
- 2019 National Convention Agenda: Tuesday (MP3)
- 2019 National Convention Agenda: Wednesday (MP3)
- 2019 National Convention Agenda: Thursday (MP3)
- 2019 National Convention Agenda: Friday (MP3)
- 2019 National Convention Agenda: Notes (MP3)
- 2019 National Convention Agenda: Navigating the Hotel (MP3)
- 2019 National Convention Agenda: Sponsors (MP3)
The daily schedule for the 2019 National Convention is as follows:
- Sunday, July 7—Seminar Day
- Monday, July 8—Registration and Resolutions Day
- Tuesday, July 9—Board Meeting and Division Day
- Wednesday, July 10—Opening Session
- Thursday, July 11—Business Session
- Friday, July 12—Banquet Day and Adjournment
- Exclusive Convention Sale: Orbit Reader 20—available for sale at the Independence Market for $549. This fifty-dollar savings won’t be available any other time. The Orbit Reader 20 is a Braille display, book reader, and notetaker, and includes an SD card, charger, and a USB cable.
- Lyft Autonomous Vehicle Demonstration: A select number of attendees will have the opportunity to ride in the Lyft vehicles and provide important feedback on the technology. Participants will be randomly selected from our list of preregistered attendees. However, the opportunity for riding in Lyft’s autonomous vehicles is still available for people in Las Vegas. If attendees use Lyft during their time in Las Vegas, they can select the option on the app to participate in the autonomous vehicle rideshare service. Notes: not all Las Vegas Lyft cars are autonomous vehicles. Also, all vehicles are accompanied by either a driver or operator.
If you can't be with us in person, you can listen to portions of the 2019 National Convention online via our live stream. Visit our live stream page to access the live stream through various media players in both English and Spanish.
- First Timer's Guide
- 2019 Resolutions
- Restaurant Menus and Pricing
- Exhibit Hall
- NFB National Career Fair
- Sponsorship and Exhibiting Opportunities
- Kenneth Jernigan Convention Scholarship
- Past Conventions
2020 Location Announced
The 2020 National Convention of the National Federation of the Blind will be held June 30 through July 5 in Houston, Texas at the Hilton Americas-Houston hotel located in the heart of downtown. Start planning your trip today and help us celebrate the eightieth anniversary of the NFB. If you missed the big announcement, listen here. See you in Houston!
Additional details will be posted online as they become available. For more information, please contact us at 410-659-9314 or firstname.lastname@example.org.