Each year, thousands of Federation members make donations during national convention to various funds that support blind people.
In 2021, your generosity is still needed to fund our great programs. When you give $20 or more between April 15 and July 10 at 2:00 p.m. ET, you will be entered into the Give $20 Convention Drawing, formerly known as the Kenneth Jernigan Convention Drawing, to win the following:
- Round-trip transportation for two for the 2022 NFB National Convention
- Hotel at the convention
- Registration and banquet tickets for two
- $1,000 in walking-around cash
- $2,000 CASH!
This drawing will be to support the following funds:
- Kenneth Jernigan Fund: The proceeds from this fund are used to bring a number of attendees to their first national convention. It is named in honor of our former president and longtime leader to promote attendance at the national convention, where so much inspiration and learning occur.
- SUN Fund: These funds are being set aside in the event that they are needed to support the Federation during difficult times.
- White Cane Fund: These dollars go directly to the general treasury of the Federation.
- tenBroek Fund: These dollars go to the tenBroek Memorial Fund which owns the property at 200 East Wells at Jernigan Place in Baltimore for the benefit of blind people.
More Chances to Win!
Each $20 donation is a chance to win. Your name will be placed in the drawing for each increment of $20 you give. Give $100 and you will be entered into the drawing five times.
Get an Extra Chance at Bat!
Get a free extra chance to win the prize by sharing on social media. This contest is great for friends and family. Here is the pitch:
- You must make a minimum donation of $20.
- You must Like our Facebook and Twitter pages.
- You must use the hashtag #NFB21 in your posts, share a personal story or experience about convention for added fun.
- You must tag at least 2 friends in your posts.
- If you’re adding an image, be sure you’ve added alt text to it.
Let’s make this a home run. This year’s affiliate host is NFB of Maryland. Maryland is home of the Baltimore Orioles who were the first to include Braille on their jerseys and celebrate the National Federation of the Blind.
How to Contribute and Qualify
You must specify a fund in order to be entered into the drawing. You can do this by using our Give $20 online donation form or in the memo if giving by check. Choose one of the following funds: Kenneth Jernigan Fund, SUN Fund, White Cane Fund, or the tenBroek Fund. Your donation will be counted for the drawing regardless of which fund you designate.
- Donate online now.
- Donate via phone by calling our donation line at 410-659-9314, extension 2282.
- Send a check to Attention: Give20 National Federation of the Blind Jernigan Institute, 200 East Wells Street Baltimore, MD 21230. Be sure to have "Give 20" and the fund you are donating to in the memo.
Note: The drawing is for individuals and is not intended for contributions by divisions, state affiliates, or chapters.
The winner of the drawing will be announced live on July 10, 2021 at the convention banquet.
Help us share the Federation with others. Thank you for your generosity.